Sunday, July 5, 2020

Walid Abdallah - Black

0

Walid Abdallah  - Black

 

 

Walid Abdallah is an Egyptian poet and author. He is a visiting professor of English language and literature in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Germany and the USA, his poetry includes "Go Ye Moon", " Dream" and "My heart still beats" And has several translated poems which won prestigious prizes in the USA like "Cause", "Egypt's Grief", and "Strangers' Cross", his books include Shout of Silence, Escape to the Realm of Imagination, and Man Domination and Woman Emancipation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Black

 

I have always been called black

Before my eyes and behind my back

 

I always try to hide my sufferings and tears

I have to stand more than anyone bears

 

I didn’t create my myself nor my color

That becomes my weakness and their power

 

I may be black from the outside

But I have the whitest hear inside

 

My color has become the curse of my own race

On earth,  we no longer have a place

 

I am cursed in every place I go

I always feel so little and low

 

I was born only to suffer

My feeling doesn’t matter

 

For any crime, I am the first to blame

The Nigro did it and call my name

 

My soul is imprisoned within the dark skin

My own color has become my own sin

 

I hope people will see the beauty in my heart

And stop excluding me and asking me to depart

 

My heart breaks a thousand times every day

No body cares about me, no attention they pay

 

I am a caged bird left lonely in a rainy night

With broken wings, with no power to fight

 

Outcast and cursed that’s how I always feel

In front of their vanity we should kneel

 

I hope they will understand we complete each other

We were created to reconstruct the earth together

 

We have the same soul but different colors

This should be our strength and our powers

 

I dream of a world in which we are all the same

And only a human being becomes our name

 

We should teach our children the power of tolerance

And root out envy, hatred and intolerance

 


No comments: