Sunday, October 25, 2020

A Conversation with Corona Virus 2020 by Walid Abdallah

0
A Conversation with Corona Virus 2020 by Walid Abdallah

Why have you come from nothingness?
I have come to cause death and sadness?

Why would you like to destroy and kill?
People trade in one another and sell

Why do you appear now?
To make savage people bow 

Are you happy with causing pain?
You created me, I can’t explain 

Do you know people hate your nature?
People invented every pain and torture

When will you leave us alone?
When I finish my job soon

Do you come to change destiny?
I come to eliminate every tyranny

Why do you kill the innocent?
Every war has victims’ percent

What do you really need?
I want to implant peace seed

What do you think you can really do?
I already stopped all the wars flow

What else can you do to impose quietness?
I made all people equal, I imposed fairness

Aren’t you afraid of America, China or England?
I already beat all their troops on every land

What about Germany, Russia and Italy?
They are nothing, I am the absolute reality

What is your final message? 
Make peace your only passage 

What is your final need?
To end your ego and greed

When will you show some mercy?
When good prevails, and evil must flee

 
Walid Abdallah is an Egyptian poet and author. He is a visiting professor of English language and literature in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Germany and the USA, his poetry includes "Go Ye Moon", " Dream" and "My heart still beats" And has several translated poems which won prestigious prizes in the USA like "Cause", "Egypt's Grief", and "Strangers' Cross", his books include Shout of Silence, Escape to the Realm of Imagination, and Man Domination and Woman Emancipation.


No comments: