Sunday, July 5, 2020

Atif Khurshid Wani - Play my distant dream

0

Atif Khurshid Wani - Play my distant dream

 

Atif Khurshid Wani is a Kashmiri poet, reviewer and a columnist. He was born on 11th January 1995 when everything around was frozen. Atif graduated from Kashmir University and did his masters from LPU, Punjab. Atif has become part of more than 30 national and international poetry anthologies. Currently, he is working as a freelancer and his poetry collection "The shattered She" is likely to be published soon.


 

 

 

Play my distant dream

 

Banality of dreams

Full of gloom and gleam

Horizons are wide open

To carry my distant dream.

I pampered in dark nights

Feeling the crafty tulips

In nature’s lap

For thou shall carry my distant dream.

Some puffed up

Holding my empty aims

In traces of ruined life

Thy carry my distant dream.

Pause on the howling sighs

Amidst cold waves

That carry my tins

While holding my distant dream.

Sour isn’t the sill

Life is but hollow

Carrying the muse

Of one distant dream.

 


No comments: