Sunday, July 5, 2020

Adrian Slonaker - Intrepid Traveler

0

Adrian Slonaker - Intrepid Traveler

 

Based in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net nominee Adrian Slonaker works as a language professional and is fond of opals, owls and fire noodlesAdrian's work has been published in WINK: Writers in the Know, Ez.P.Zine, Page & Spine and others.

  


 

 

Intrepid Traveler

 

Creeping out from quarantine

on a noiseless Sunday,

I spotted a wispy, sable-colored

spider refusing to shelter in place,

shimmying through

shifting sunlight

up an imperceptible thread

to the awning above my head

just how I once rocked

to a peak of an Alp smeared with

tourism and snow

(or was it white Toblerone?)

in a fully-packed funicular

when I was twelve

and not yet terrified of heights.

And now I feel as exposed, but

not half as carefree as

that nimble arachnid in

the wind.

 


No comments: