Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Kripa Maharjan - Out from the ash, I will reborn

0

Kripa Maharjan - Out from the ash, I will reborn

 

An aspiring writer and a poet, short stories and poems have always been my companion, my muse and a form of meditation where I discover myself. I am a medical student studying in third year.

 

 

Out from the ash, I will reborn

 

Like a seed fallen onto the earth,

I fell into your womb,

as an empty cell,

a mere existence,

yet to be moulded;

yet to be nourished.

A void space, I was

that you gradually transformed into a paradise.

This pure space of love rooted me into you,

protected me,

caressed me

and bonded me with your soul.

There,

I evolved

My life dawned to bloom inside your being

And my heart started pulsating,

with every heart beat of yours.

 

 

 

I still reminisce of that pristine moment

The first breath of my life inside your womb

And your first touch over your belly

to feel me,

to caress me,

to connect to me.

Ahh! Such a spring of joy; a festival it is,

to feel your embrace to the deepest of my being,

to feel nourished by your nectar

that flows into every cell of mine.

An alchemist, you are

And your love is that alchemy

with which,

every ugly part in me is metamorphosing into the beautiful

And I am growing, gradually,

taking your shape,

radiating the beauty of a girl.

The only reflection of yours,

I, am growing.

 

But,

in this moment of pristine silence,

the words still echo around us.

“What if she’s a sin?”

The words do not cease

but point to me,

encircle me in anguish,

and impeach me a sin.

And tonight,

as I reside in the paradise of your body,

dark; alone,

my cells are gradually tearing apart

And I am withering,

gradually,

like the winter leaves that are falling off a tree,

benumbed and crippled by the coldness in between the words

like the sand slipping off the fingers,

unable to behold and protect but just let go.

Tomorrow, in the cradle of the lord,

I will find myself.

But mama,

Let not your plea and cries be my lullaby tonight

Cause a phoenix, I am

who utterly burnt in the pyre and reduced to ashes

will once again reborn out of the ash

Because we are a single soul dwelling in two bodies

And I am rooted in you,

as deathless and timeless....


No comments: